Monday, June 15, 2009

College Bound

As you may or may not know, I have been trying to make some headway on my higher education for awhile now.  So, a few weeks ago I signed up for a few classes, and today marks the start of the term.   Unfortunately the "military lifestyle" is sometimes none too conducive to taking classes.  Luckily, it seems that I will all together avoid shift work here at Misawa, and beable to be on a day shift indefinitely.  I am absolutely thrilled at this...not because I really love day hours, but just to beable to have a steady shift that I know I can take classes is a huge load off my shoulders. To be honest, I feel quite behind the curve education wise at this point in my life.  I always imagined I would have finished my schooling way before now.  I am a bit embarrassed truth be told.  That's not to say that I haven't had alot of school since joining the military, because hell...I'm a linguist...but it doesn't equate to a degree.  Pretty  much everyone in my family has a degree of Bachelors or higher, and I want to join the club!  
I'm pretty close to finishing my CCAF degree in Communications Technology, and I am also very close to completing the course work for my Associates in Chinese from DLI.  I will feel much happier at least when those are done.  However, I am still quite a ways away from finishing my BS, which I am proud to say I am majoring in Psychology!  I'm really excited to take these classes and soak up as much knowledge as I can.  I have alot of ideas on what I could do with this, or down which paths in the future this could lead me when I get out, but for now I know I need to learn to walk before I can run.  As the Chinese say, "一步一步!"

Anyways, wish me luck in this new(ish) endeavor!  

1 comment:

  1. That's terrific Corey. Good luck with your classes. It sounds like you are and will be keeping very busy. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete