Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Sigh....


So, against my better judgement I just tried to watch the first episode of the TV series "The Legend of the Seeker". I had to turn it off. It was so bad on almost every front I can think of casting, acting, writing, adaptation of the original stories...it was just a disaster. For those of you who don't know, this utter travesty of a show is supposedly based off of "The Sword of Truth" series written by Terry Goodkind. Now, the first 3 or 4 books of this series are great. Seriously good fantasy fiction. The first book, Wizards First Rule is definitely on my top 10 books list. The only thing that this show has in common with the books is pretty much the names of the characters. Just about EVERYTHING else is different, and sucks completely. I can't even impress upon you how sad I was. Even if you had never read the books before, the series still sucked. I definitely do NOT recommend this show to anyone. If it wasn't bad enough that there was 1 whole season of this show, they decided to make a 2nd season! I am definitely not alone in my view of this show. In my search for other people to commiserate with, I ran across this review/letter to the author, Terry Goodkind. It is pretty darned funny. Arg...well, I don't know what else to say. Picard pretty much sums it up for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment